Saturday, January 28, 2012

Snippet Saturday - Quirky Character or Scene

In the Trouble series, three women come into contact with three very special bottles, filled with reluctant genies. The wishes they come up with always seem to backfire...check out what happens to Will in the 2nd of the Trouble books...

TROUBLE WITH WILL


 
Blurb: 
 
In 1924, William and his friend Harry, adventurous archeologists, uncover their greatest discovery--the magical stone of Azhi. Legend tells of the stone's great power to grant wishes. When Will lays his hands on the prize, he's sucked into a bottle to sleep for over eighty years.

In the twenty-first century, collector of rare objects of great value, Kate Brandt, purchases what she thinks is the Eye of the Serpent only to receive in its place a dusty ancient bottle. When she brushes away the dust of thousands of years, a naked Will appears out of thin air. Because she was the one to wake Will from his long sleep, Kate is able to wish for anything her heart desires and Will has to grant it. And boy, does she use it to get what she wants. Join Kate and Will in a wild ride through the streets of Riyadh and across the desert and learn that wishes can come true, even when you're not sure you wished for it.
Excerpt:

Kate frowned. “You mean to tell me you don’t remember fucking me like a dog?”

His eyes widened. “Oh my God, did I?” He shook his head. “My apologies. I don’t know what came over me. I’ve never fuck—made love to a woman like she was an animal.”

“You’re not pulling my leg, are you?” She pushed against him. “I mean, you were going at it like you knew what you were doing. I thought you wanted to do it.” Her face warmed and then her eyes widened. “Oh shit.”

“What?”

“The wish.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I wished you’d fuck me like a whore.”

“You did what?” Will shouted.

Kate shot to her feet and planted her fists on her naked hips. “I was testing a theory.”

“I’d say your test proved your theory.”

“You mean you didn’t do it because you wanted to?” Her chest tightened at the thought.

“One minute we were arguing, the next minute my body took over and I can’t do a thing about it.” He glanced down at his glistening cock, lying flaccid against his leg.

“Talk about a blow to the ego.” Jeez. How did you face the man you more or less raped on a wish?

“Not that I didn’t enjoy it.” He grinned. “On the contrary, it was…animalistic.”

So much for feeling sorry for the guy. Kate grabbed the pillow he’d discarded and shoved it into his chest. “Great. Now you’ll think I’m a fucking animal.”

Disregarding the discarded towel, Kate stalked across the room, naked and not giving a damn.

Will caught up with her and grabbed her arm. “Kate, you’re beautiful and whether or not I fu—made love to you of my own will, I’m grateful.

“Of all the stupid, insensitive, moronic things a guy could say—”

The wind was knocked from her sails when Will’s lips descended over hers, shutting off the stream of epithets she was ready to sling at him.

Despite her resolve to throw him out at the first chance she got, Kate melted into his arms and returned his kiss.

When they broke apart, she gathered enough wind to say, “Don’t think you won that argument.”

He gave her a purely superior, male smile. “I think my talents have proven themselves.”

“Oh, so now you’re the cocky one?” She raised her eyebrows and glanced at the pillow held in front of his penis. “I have the power to wish, you have to grant my wishes. I wouldn’t push me.”

“Don’t push you?” Will stalked across the room his ire rising with each step he took on the lush carpet emphasizing his nakedness. “Are you Daddy’s little girl used to getting her way at the expense of others? Good God, Kate, who died and made you princess of the world?”

Her eyes widened and the proud and adventurous Kate whose eyes flashed fire a moment before glistened with a film of unshed tears.

She met him halfway across the floor and poked her finger in his chest. “He is not dead. Do you hear me? Not!” On that final word, she turned, walked into the bedroom shutting the door between them.

On the other side of the panel she continued to talk, the words muffled and hard to understand.

“Now what?” Will asked the empty room. Without Kate in it, he was at a loss and not liking it. “If you really can make wishes come true you could at least wish me some decent clothing,” he shouted through the panel.

More muttering sounded from within and then the building rocked. As thunder rattled the windows, Will felt his skin tingle. When he looked down, he had the damned clown suit on again.

“Just who the hell is Elvis, some freak in a sideshow?” he yelled at the panels of the closed door.

The door crashed open and Kate stood there wearing what looked like a black, sleeveless undershirt and khaki pants and carrying a brush. Her hair hung down around her shoulders and the fire was back in her eyes. “Elvis was the king.”

“King of what? Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus?” He had a hard time concentrating on the conversation when there was still so much of Kate’s arms and shoulders to see beneath the slip of a shirt.

“What do you know? If you really are from, what was it, 1924, you wouldn’t have a clue.”

“I am and I don’t. Enlighten me.”

As Kate raked the brush through her hair, she explained, “Elvis was the king of rock and roll, a new era in music that changed everything.”

“Interesting. And did you know Elvis personally?”

“No, he died before I was born.”

“Then why did you say he wasn’t dead?”

“I wasn’t talking about Elvis.” She turned away from him and strapped a knife to her forearm.

“If you weren’t talking about Elvis who had your knickers all in a twist?”

“Oooh!” She faced him with the knife pointed at his chest. “I did not have my knickers in a twist.”

“Did too.” Will pushed the knife aside. “Be careful where you point that. And tell me that isn’t all you’re going to wear. Do all women go around partially clothed and wearing men’s trousers?”

With a deep breath, she blew air out her nose like an angry bull. “I wish you’d go to Hell, Will.”

“Please tell me you didn’t wish me to go to Hell.” He grimaced and waited. As expected, the floor beneath him rolled. “I don’t have a good feeling about this.”

“Too bad. You pissed me—”

Before Kate finished her sentence, Will’s world went black.

* * * * *

Will staggered through a blisteringly hot, red desert. The wind blew at hurricane force, blasting him with sand and ash. Everything, including the air he breathed, burned like fire. The white fringe hanging from his arms burst into flame. As he flapped around like a bird, his eyebrows started smoking. Alternating between flapping and slapping his eyebrows, Will yelled into the sand-filled gusts, “Harry, what have you gotten me into?”


 
Visit other Authors and read excerpts for Saturday Snippet:
Megan Hart
Eliza Gayle 
Rhian Cahill 
Anne Rainey
Jody Wallace
Lissa Matthews
Mari Carr
McKenna Jeffries
Myla Jackson
Taige Crenshaw
Alison Kent
Delilah Devlin
HelenKay Dimon
Leah Braemel
Shelli Stevens
Shiloh Walker
TJ Michaels
Zoƫ Archer 

No comments: