Saturday, September 17, 2011

Snippet Saturday - Important Date

SEX, LIES AND VAMPIRE HUNTERS
By Myla Jackson


Blurb

Night shift emergency room nurse, Julie Taylor is on the verge of a great love affair and steamy sex after a really long dry spell. Her soon-to-be lover, Roger, is everything a girl could wish for. Tough cop, sexy as hell man and really nice guy, he's her dream come true. But with both of them working wacky shifts, they never find time to be together and her long dry spell is only getting longer. Just when they schedule a night off together, the unthinkable happens. Julie is attacked by a vampire and turned into one of the living dead. With her life over, she's still unwilling to end her sex life. But how do you tell your boyfriend you're dead and one of the bad guys he's sworn to destroy? 


Roger Decker dared to love again after his lying, cheating ex-wife fooled around on him left him for another guy. The incredibly honest, sweet and sexy Julie is the only woman who's been able to sneak beneath his armor and resuscitate his heart. Now, when he finally has the time off to tell her how he feels, weird things happen. Strange creatures appear in the night, targeting his newfound love. Does his sweet and loveable Julie have a dark side? Is she like every other woman and lying to him? And why does she totally avoid him during the daytime?


Excerpt

Julie dropped to her knees in front of her closet and dug around for shoes to match her dress.

“Wear these,” William whispered, handing her a pair of black high-heeled sandals.


“I can’t do this, William. I can’t lie to him.”


“Who said you have to lie?” William helped her to her feet. “Look, if it comes up in a discussion, tell him, otherwise, what he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.”


“He has the right to know what I am.”


“Are you sure this relationship is going somewhere?”


“It was.” Tears swam in her eyes. “At least it was until I was turned.”


“Then wait for the right moment. You don’t want to scare him off on your first date.”


“You’re right. I don’t want to scare him off on the first date.” Julie sighed. “Hell, I almost jumped his bones a minute ago. I’ve wanted him so long, I can taste it.”


“Uh, one more thing about being a vampire.”


A frown settled between her brows and she could feel the beginning of a headache. “What? Isn’t there enough?”


“Vampires have…shall we say…more intense appetites.”


“I thought all we could eat was blood. Holy crap! The restaurant! What can I eat?”



“You can have a rare steak. That’ll help tide you over until your first meal. If you wait until tomorrow night, I’ll assist you. I know someone who can help us out.”


“But I have to work!”


“Then we’ll take care of it before you go on duty.”

“Complicated. My life is too complicated.”


“Uh, and Julie?”


“What else?”


“About the appetites?”


“Yeah?”


“They include sexual appetites. Be careful. Sometimes in satisfying his sexual appetites, a vampire can get carried away and satisfy his hunger as well.”


Julie pressed a hand to her temple. “Is that why I was all over Roger?”
William nodded. “Afraid so.”


“Great. Now I’m a bloodsucking nymphomaniac. Not something to write home to Mom about, is it?”
“Not unless your mother is very progressive minded.”


“You okay in there?” Roger’s voice sounded close to the door.


William disappeared behind the full-length gowns.


“Everything’s fine. Found the right shoes. I guess I’m ready to go.”


“Good, I thought I heard voices.” Roger pushed the door open and smiled in at her. “You’re not hiding a man in your closet are you?”


“No, of course not.” Julie fought the blush creeping up her neck and grabbed her purse. “I talk to myself as I’m dressing. That’s probably what you heard.”


“Yeah. Ummm, you look good enough to eat.” He pulled her into his arms and kissed her. “Sure you don’t want to stay here and order out?”


“I’m sure, all right.” She looped her arm through his and tugged him toward the door. “Come on. You’re not getting out of taking me to a fancy restaurant. Afterward…well let’s just say, I’ll still be hungry.” 


Check out other Snippet Saturday Sites:


Anne Rainey
TJ Michaels
Mari Carr
McKenna Jeffries
Myla Jackson
Taige Crenshaw
Lauren Dane
Vivian Arend
Shelli Stevens
Shiloh Walker

2 comments:

hotcha12 said...

WOOT MYLA AND CERISE!! SO GOOD!!

LINDA B

cky15 said...

Myla, yes this is good. You just have the greatest mind to put all these stories together for us to enjoy! Thanks